Every year, Mary and Joseph, along with Jesus and his siblings, traveled to Jerusalem for the Passover feast. When Jesus was 12, he stayed behind at the Temple. When his parents found him, he uttered some pretty amazing words. He said, “Did you not know that I MUST be in my Father’s house?” At 12, Jesus modeled the ability to understand deep truths and a relationship with His Father at a young age. We believe our kids, have the opportunity to grow in wisdom and understanding, as they learn more and more about their Savior!
As Bridge Kids has grown we began to see a better way to minister to our preteens. We began to see how our fourth and fifth graders are living in a dilemma of being a little too old to be in kids ministry, but not quite ready for middle school. They, like Jesus, have shown a remarkable depth of knowledge and weekly seek to see how it impacts their lives.
To meet the needs of our fourth and fifth graders, we are launching a new environment just for them! Here are a few reasons why:
- Providing a space specifically for our 9-11 year olds, allows us to focus in on the unique things of faith they are processing.
- We can answer the questions of how Scripture applies to their daily lives.
- To create a social space that allows them to hang out with their peers and connect with loving adults.
- Because we believe this is a crucial age to build a foundation of faith in action.
What will the Bridge 4th & 5th environment look like?
- Fun, exciting games and activities
- A well stocked doughnut bar
- A time of teaching using The Gospel Project
- Time connecting in small group
- Located in what is currently the Early Childhood Worship space
The new environment will launch on January 8th, 2017 during all five services. We can’t wait to see all that God will do in the hearts and minds of our fourth and fifth graders in the months to come. If you have any questions, please email me, Kelly Stewart, at